Apart from the fact that India won in style, here are a few aspects of the Indian approach that were interesting, impressive and bode well for the future.
1. Pathan at number 3: Its a move that worked. I just hope they don’t send him in at number 3 in every match. Remember India did the same with Agarkar a while back?
2. Yuvraj coming in ahead of Dravid: This was a very good sign of Dravid’s flexibility (or Chappell’s control).
3. Sreesanth’s return at the end: He wrapped up the tail and ended up with two wickets on debut. Great move to encourage the youngster. Hope he doesn’t become another Tinu Yohanan.
4. Dhoni as the finisher: This guy is the perfect fit for the last 10-15 overs. He has the ability to provide the momentum at the end. I am glad they have not made him a permanent number 3 after his performance against the Pak.
5. Last but not the least, Sachin is back in full form!
Overall, its great to see India experimenting with the talent at hand. I hope Venu and JP Yadav are given some good exposure to prove themselves as well.
I suspect that if Viru fails to get a big innings soon, he will be tried in the middle order.