As media reports continue to trickle in, it has becoming increasingly clear that it was a case of plain battle for control. Ganguly is used to his Dada status while Greg Chappell considers himself a Daad in his own right. But the fact is that a Daad doesn’t make a Dada! And so the clash. Oh well..
Here is my list of top 10 things the special committee should do:
10. Scream at Ganguly for discussing the issue in public.
09. Give both Ganguly and Chappell a chance to comment and respond.
08. Ask Ganguly to take a break.
07. Inform Chappell that his performance and his rapport with the team will be reviewed in six months time with the same committee.
06. Name a new captain: Rahul Dravid, Kumble, or Kaif (wild card).
05. Warn Bhajji and ask him to shut up.
04. Investigate and nail the guy who leaked the email to the press.
03. Invite Chappell to the selection meeting and ask him for his choice of captain and his 18 best players.
02. Talk to the team about the issue to gauge where each of them stands on the issue. (will come in handy when its time to fire Dada’s chelas).
01. Ask Jaggu-bhai (Dalmiya) what he is doing in the meeting!