For the next few ODI games before the world cup the following team might be the way to go:
Uthappa, Gambhir, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Dravid, Karthik, Pathan, Bhajji, Agarkar, Sreesanth, Zaheer; Mongia, Kumble, Raina, RP Singh (VRV or any one of the fully fit seamers).
- Viru — Dropped for poor performance.
- Sachin — Rested until say the last couple of matches before the World Cup.
- Dada — He has nothing to prove. He can still be in the world cup team without playing these matches.
- VVS — He can bat only at number 3, and his fielding can add to the fielding liability list (Kumble, Dravid, Munaf, Dada).
- Raina: Great fielder, capable batsmen who hit a rough patch. It helps to have a left hander in the ranks.
- Kaif: With Dravd in the team, its very hard to justify his presence lower in the order.
- Mongia: County experience, all round capability, decent record.
- Powar: No room for more than two spinners
- Munaf: Good, But unfit, unreliable.
- Pathan: He is still the best bet to fill the all rounder slot.
2 thoughts on “Drop Viru, Please!”
I think the selectors and Dada himself didn’t read this post. Selectors picked Dada and he proved again with a near ton against the West Indies in Nagpur! Good point about Munaf – Good, but unfit. Pathan should be playing the World Cup….
Despite the good show, Nagpur pitch is the classic dead pitch on which Indian batsmen excel. Too much credit for this win might be an overkill. But its a win nevertheless for a team which has been consistently loosing.
Comments are closed.