For the next few ODI games before the world cup the following team might be the way to go:
Uthappa, Gambhir, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Dravid, Karthik, Pathan, Bhajji, Agarkar, Sreesanth, Zaheer; Mongia, Kumble, Raina, RP Singh (VRV or any one of the fully fit seamers).
- Viru — Dropped for poor performance.
- Sachin — Rested until say the last couple of matches before the World Cup.
- Dada — He has nothing to prove. He can still be in the world cup team without playing these matches.
- VVS — He can bat only at number 3, and his fielding can add to the fielding liability list (Kumble, Dravid, Munaf, Dada).
- Raina: Great fielder, capable batsmen who hit a rough patch. It helps to have a left hander in the ranks.
- Kaif: With Dravd in the team, its very hard to justify his presence lower in the order.
- Mongia: County experience, all round capability, decent record.
- Powar: No room for more than two spinners
- Munaf: Good, But unfit, unreliable.
- Pathan: He is still the best bet to fill the all rounder slot.