Firstly, The American electorate deserves a BIG Thank You for setting the stage for at least a semblance of Checks & Balances in Washington. A quick look at the post elections Good, Bad and Ugly.
- Chances of some changes in Iraq policy. “Read my lips the US won’t be staying the course”
- When George Bush was re-elected the rest of the world was baffled. Now, the rest of the world can at least be partially in sync with the US because its obvious from the election results that the US public in general are unhappy about the war in Iraq.
- Rumsfled got the boot. Its about time!
- Six years of GOP domination has come to an end. Thankfully, there will be some level of checks and balances going forward. A bunch of investigations (hopefully worthwhile ones) are guaranteed with the Dems in control.
- There is not much difference between many Republicans and Democrats these days (a friend who voted Libertarian thinks that the difference is as bad as the difference between syphilis and gonorrhea!). There are no shortage of people in the Democratic party who are anti-gun control, anti-gay marriage, anti-abortion etc. Makes you wonder what they are doing in the Democratic party? Its just that the Demos seem to have learned from their mistakes. They have now decided to do whatever it takes to win the elections and a majority and then deal with any issues.
- The Demos might try an impeachment. This will be a complete waste of time and energy.