Google has been slowly launching all the regular Yahoo features one after another. First it was free email, followed by photos, groups, news, froogle, IM, voice chat etc etc. I use both Yahoo groups as well as Google groups and I must say that Yahoogroups is far superior. If you are thinking o starting a new group I would highly recommend Yahoo. There are many so called social networking sites that could do the job, but Yahoo has the inherent advantage of having been around longer than most. The other day someone sent me a few photos while I was in Yahoo Messenger. I was pleasantly surprised that I could select the pics that I wanted and save them directly to Yahoo photos. Cool bit of integration.
The database feature in Yahoogroups lets you maintain a phone book online of all your members. It supprts photos, files, calendar, and polls as well. In comparison Google groups has hardly changed visibly since its launch. Google seems to launch a whole bunch of competing products but doesn’t seem to be doing justice to most of them.
Starring: Narain, Bhavna
I picked up this movie because I had heard that it was this years surprise hit. Man, what a disaster of a movie. The direction was awful. All the actors were so loud and hysterical it was impossible. The hero and the heroine are Malayalam imports. Narain (Sunil in mallu) portrays his character in the most irritatating manner! Bhavna was needlessly hysterical like most others in the movie. Middle class girl falls for thug and the rest is the usual stuff with some twists. Bad and a complete waste of tme.
Avoid this film if you can!
Here are my top 10 thoughts on the recent scandal involving the Pak cricket team and Australian umpire Darrell Hair.
- Darrell Hair thinks he is bigger than the game of cricket and the cricketers. He has been trying to throw his weight around for too long and deserves to be cut down to size.
- Darrell Hair could have at least discussed the issue with Inzy before changing the ball or granting the 5 penalty runs. He was obviously trying to act like he was the “boss”.
- Mike Proctor should have summoned the captains and the umpires and addressed the issue during the break to avoid all the unneccassary drama. He should be docked a few matches for being so spinless and not taking charge of the situation.
- Darrell Hair must explain his decision and provide the proof. If its valid and substantiated, Inzy and co. should pay the price. If not, Hair must face serious consequences.
- If Hair’s claim is not substantiated Bill Doctrove must be docked a few matches for being a tagging along with Hair in all his showmanship.
- Ranatunga deserves credit for his comments on the issue. Most sensible of all I have read so far.
- It will be useful to know if Duncan Fletcher had lodged a complaint with the Procter when he met him the morning of the eventful day.
- The ICC must take complaints seriously and act on them unlike they have done in past to avoid such events in the future.
- It is imperative that the ICC take steps to ensure that similar events don’t occur again (either by instituting serious penalties or some other means).
- Lastly, the Indian Board should shut up till the events play out and those who are throwing around charges of racism must cool their jets.
The triangular series between India-SL-SA should be called off. It makes no sense to continue especially after SA has bailed out. If the place is unsafe for SA to play how can it be safe for the Indian team?
Anyone who does not support the war is now an Al Qaeda candidate! This is outright ridiculous. Check out this recent clip from CNN. Ned Lamont has just pulled off a big win. Give the guy a break!
Senator Joe Lieberman must call it quits. He failed as the VP candidate. He has been in Senate forever. He has been a strong supporter for the Bush administrations failed policy in Iraq. Finally, he has lost the support of his party. I’d think its time for him to move on and come to terms with the changing times rather than have a go as an independent. His independent run could cost the Dems a Senate seat. Its also ironical that an individual who was chosen to be the VP candidate clearly puts his self-interest ahead of that of his party.