There is a lot of speculation about whether Dada will make it to the playing eleven. Personally, I was not in favor of including Dada in the 15. But having done that, I think it makes sense to include him in the 11 in place of Yuvraj. Here are a few reasons why:
1. Dada can play Danish a lot better than Yuvraj.
2. He did a decent job scoring 144 in Adelaide when critics said the same thing about his weakness for fast bowling.
3. His medium pace could come in handy in the cold conditions.
4. If he flunks badly (scores poorly, gets others run out, field miserably etc.) he can be shown the door at the end of this series.
5. He won’t make the ODI team for sure, so let him have one last shot at redeeming himself. After all he has done a lot for Indian cricket. Many of the current team (ironically, including Yuvraj!) swore by him, at least until the winds changed!
Check out Imran’s excellent comments on the issue.
Dow crossed 11,000 for the first time since June 2001. Wassgoin on??
Why am I not invited to the party?? 🙂
If you are planning to go on vacation and put a hold on your mail at the Post Office here are a couple of tips.
- You can put the hold on the Internet via the USPS website. But this doesn’t always work or if it does, it doesn’t work well. We used this method to put mail on hold. It was on hold for 2 days instead of 7 days! The net effect being that our mailbox was stuffed with mail when we returned.
- You can fill out a form and send/drop it off at the post office. Last time we tried this method and it didn’t work very well either. We ended up wit a stuffed mailbox again!
So, if you are planning to put your mail on hold I would suggest doing both of the above just to be on the safe side!
There is an article in the WSJ (subscription needed) abut a VC firm that is focusing on investing in start-ups for eventual sale to Microsoft, Google, AOL, Yahoo.
I think this is a great strategy. In an environment where going public in the Internet/software technology is so difficult, such an approach makes a lot of sense. This was happening in the networking sector (though many VCs investing in this sector where never really very open about it) a few years back when companies where being acquired by Cisco, Nortel, Alcatel and others. In the hey days of the dotcomm similar things were happening in the Internet sector.
The firm does not have a website (I think this is a good strategy too!) but I personally think it has a great idea and hats off to them for being so open about it. It is a refreshing change from the typical VCs who talk about how great they are, their wonderful successes and their hot new “Google-MS- Yahoo” killer investments!
Wish you (anyone who visits my blog:-) a Happy and Prosperous 2006!